Arrive at TCTP 20minutes from Arusha town around 9:00am meet local guide from Tengeru cultural center who will be waiting for you. On arrival, the guide will great and show you the place to seat and relax test natural prepared lemon grass and ginger tea with some bites, while enjoying the traditional tea you will be briefed about the Meru tribe their fascinating story about the past and how is the situation at present compared to the past.
You will have lecture about the methane gas/ biogas that they produce from cow’s drop and the use of it.
Then you will start hiking through the village, this is the chance to interact with local people in the, where you will share greetings and have some pictures with kids (ask permission before) at the same time heading into the coffee plantations, understand about the origin of coffee, who discovered coffee, how and when coffee was brought to Tanzania then how to plant, harvest and process the coffee. Go back to the center where you will process it locally make a cup of coffee and enjoy a cup of coffee that you made by your own hands.
Now it time to test traditional food after lunch board your car and drive to Lake Duluti about 3kms from TCTP center, learn a lot about the legendry of the lake in connection to the mere tribe’s, rituals
Activities that can be done- Enjoy Nature walk through the Mangalia falls,
- Biking tour
- Local food preparation & Traditional Dance
- Environmental Tree planting project
- Visit to the orphanage centers and the women ‘s project
- Stay with local community for a nights or more.
- Visit local market(market tour)
- Canoe at lake Duluti
- Local guide fees, village fees
- Airport pick up/drop-off transfer,
- Mineral water, lunch (traditional food)
- Hotels (but on request we can book for you)
- Visas, Airport tax
- Driver guide, Tips,
- Personal travel and Baggage insurance,
- Telephone bills, Laundry and any items of personal nature.